It’s the middle of June and the heat and humidity are starting to crank up. We all know how hot it is when we get into our cars on after a long of work. Imagine how hot our pets would be if we left them in our vehicle even for a short length of time. Here are 5 good reasons to not leave your pet in your car:
1. On a hot day, your car can reach over 120°F in a matter of minutes.
2. Studies have proven that shade and cracked windows do not help!
3. Leaving the air conditioning on is not a safe fix. You run the risk of noxious fumes, your AC breaking, or car theft.
4. It can take just 10 minutes to cause your pet to experience heatstroke
5. Heatstroke causes the death of thousands of pets every year.
Be responsible pet owners, we know you love them like family! Here are 5 simple solutions:
1. Use the drive-through whenever possible.
2. Shop at pet-friendly stores.
3. Eat at an outdoor café so you can bring your pet with you.
4. Bring a friend or family member with you who can stay with your pet while you complete your errand.
5. Leave your pet at home where it is cool.
If you see a pet locked in a vehicle in a parking lot, please contact the store-owner, your local police/fire departments or animal control. You could be saving their lives!