Tips for Staying Safe While Enjoying the Big Game!
Across the nation Super Bowl Sunday is known as one of the biggest party days of the year. This one day continues to rank highly with alcohol related motor vehicle incidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, approximately 38 percent of motor vehicle fatalities on Super Bowl Sunday are related to drunk driving, compared to 31 percent over the entire year. We do not want you to be part of this troubling statistic! Injuries and deaths caused by drunk driving can be prevented, if we all act responsibly!
On Super Bowl Sunday (and everyday for that matter) be sure to follow these simple tips to keep you and your loved ones safe from the dangers of drunk drivers:
- Have a designated driver and be sure they are acting responsibly.
- If you do not have a designated or sober driver, play it smart- take a taxi or mass transit, call a sober friend or simply stay where you are until the morning.
- Friends don’t let friends drive drunk! Never let a friend, who has had too much to drink, get behind the wheel. Remember, you may be saving a life or lives!
- While consuming any alcohol, be sure to take breaks, eat plenty of food, and also alternate consumption with non alcoholic drinks.
- Always be on the lookout for any potential drunk drivers on the road. If you suspect a driver to be drunk, drive cautiously, give the driver plenty of space and contact law enforcement immediately.
- Always Buckle Up!
Keep in mind, “Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving”. Please make the safety of yourself and others top priority while celebrating Super Bowl XLVIII this weekend. Your actions could be saving lives!
At Rosenkilde & Associates, we believe the real winners of Super Bowl XLVIII are the responsible drivers!
http://www.rarisk.com/ Like us on Facebook!