CONTACTS: Kristen Blucas, Marketing Rosenkilde & Associates
1-800-458-0811 ext. 2285, 814/870-2285 (800)-564-0169 / (410)-833-7666
Erie Insurance and Rosenkilde & Associates
Offers Tips for Getting Everyone Back to School Safely
(Erie, Pa., August 19, 2013) – At this time of year, it’s important for all of us to keep back-to school safety at the forefront of our minds. Erie Insurance and Rosenkilde & Associates offers the following tips to keep you and your family safe.
Tips for motorists:
- Pay extra attention to your speed. Watch for school zones, and slow down when you see a bus.
- Pay attention to children who are waiting for a bus. Children may run into the street without looking.
- Slow down when the bus driver activates the flashing yellow lights.
- Stop when the bus displays flashing red warning lights and extends the stop signal. Vehicles must not pass until the flashing red lights and all other signals are turned off.
- Never pass on the right side of the bus, where children enter or exit. This is illegal.
Protecting young students (elementary and junior high):
- Before crossing the street, look left, right, and left again. Young pedestrians can face a variety of tough decision-making situations and dangers while walking to and from school.
- Walk with a buddy and always try to cross a street when a crossing guard is present.
- Cross in front of the bus only after the driver signals it’s okay to do so
- Have a safe place to wait for the bus, away from the street.
High school students:
- Always buckle up and require passengers to do the same.
- Obey the speed limit and posted traffic signs.
- Avoid distractions such as loud music and cell phones while driving
- Don’t drink-and-drive.
For more information contact Rosenkilde & Associates
(800)-564-0169 / (410)-833-7666
According to A.M. Best Company, Erie Insurance Group, based in Erie, Pennsylvania, is the 16th largest automobile insurer in the United States based on direct premiums written and the 18th largest property/casualty insurer in the United States based on total lines net premium written. The Group, rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company, has over four million policies in force and operates in 11 states and the District of Columbia. To learn more, visit www.erieinsurance.com.