The Top 5 Most Stolen Watercraft in 2012!
There's nothing better than taking your boat or jet ski out on the water with friends and family on a beautiful, sun-filled day. Personal watercraft provide for hours of enjoyment and a lifetime of memories for those who own them. In order to ensure you are better protected, we would like to share with you the following findings from the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) that Property and Casualty 360* published . While overall theft decreased 3% in 2012 from 2011, thieves targeted 5 types of watercraft most frequently:
1. Jet Skis
- 1,373 stolen, only 462 recovered
- Due to their small size, they are relatively easy to steal and hide.
- 937 stolen, 445 recovered
- Targeted largely for their valuable motors
3. Utility Boats/ Fisherman Boats
- 360 stolen, 126 recovered
- 251 stolen, 118 recovered
- “a boat with an inboard motor that is between 25’-50’ long”
Knowledge is power; the more you know, the better protected you will be. Don't let thieves capsize your fun in the sun, make sure you have the appropriate coverage for your personal watercraft!
(800)-564-0169 / (410)-833-7666